Terms & Conditions
CODE OF CONDUCT
Pacific Coast Property Network endorses the Code of Conduct. As a guest booking with Pacific Coast Property Network you abide to our terms and conditions and you also agree to abide by the Code of Conduct which is a nationally recognised code launched on 24th March 2015 by the Holiday Rental Industry Association, You will be able to download a copy of the Code of Conduct via the HRIA website
Holiday Letting Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are valid from 20 May 2020 and supersede all previous Terms and Conditions.
“Pacific Coast Property Network” Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing to book your holiday accommodation with Pacific Coast Property Network
Please read the following “Terms and Conditions” of your Holiday Booking as these “Terms and Conditions” are an agreement between you the “Guest”, the “Property” “Owner” of the “Property” booked by you via the managing agent “Pacific Coast Property Network”.
“Pacific Coast Property Network” support the current National Holiday and Short Term Rental Code of Conduct.
The objectives of the Code are:
a) To establish acceptable standards of behaviour for holiday rental Guests and visitors to minimise any adverse social or environmental impacts;
b) To assist “Owner” and managers of holiday rental accommodation to meet the needs of all stakeholders including Guests, neighbours, local communities, local councils and government authorities; and
c) To inform the community of the standards of conduct expected from holiday rental “Owner”, managers, Guests, and visitors so as to effectively minimise amenity impacts, minimum disturbance to other residents or neighbouring properties, Guests must not engage in anti-social behaviour or create offensive noise to neighbouring properties between 10.00 pm and 8.00 am and during arrival and departure at any time and any gathering, celebration or entertainment must not conflict with the residential amenity of the locality.
Licence not a Tenancy
The booking with “Pacific Coast Property Network” is not a residential tenancy agreement under residential tenancy legislations. Failure to comply with any of the “Guest’s” fundamental obligations and the terms and conditions of the “Property” may result in immediate termination and eviction. Refunds will not be paid on terminated occupancies.
“Guests’” are agreeing to these terms and conditions when a booking is pending or confirmed and/or payment is completed. The Holiday Booking terms and conditions, permits the “Owner” or management “Pacific Coast Property Network” to refuse entry, amend the rent or immediately terminate the letting for a breach.
Guests must ensure that they meet the below criteria in the 14 days prior to the arrival of their booking:
- Guests must not have returned from over seas
- Guests must not have been in close contact with someone with COVID
- Guests must not have been in a COVID hot spot
- Not had a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath other cold/flu-like symptoms
- For any guest who has been previously diagnosed with COVID they must have been free from any symptoms for at least 14 days and show evidence of having completed the appropriate quarantine.
Having made a booking, should a guest no longer meet the COVID criteria upon arrival, we are unable to accept the booking. A credit will only be provided if the cancellation is due to failure to meet the COVID restriction.Our standard cancellation policy will apply to all other cancellation reasons.
Should a guest be found to have falsified their guest declaration and the property require additional cleaning due to COVID contamination, this would be considered as a claim against the bond for Excess Cleaning. Pacific Coast Property Network reserve the right to charge the nominated credit card in matters involving the Security Bond.
1.MAKING A BOOKING
- Payment for your booking (including booking fee, optional linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full.
- Arrivals less than 60 in advance are required to be paid in full.
- We will only accept split payments for arrivals more than 60+ days in advance.
- Please contact our Holiday Team if you have and questions and ensure you have read our Frequently Asked Questions and Terms and Conditions prior to making any payments.
- For in-house “Guests” re-booking 12 months in advance, a Non refundable deposit of $200 is required at time of re-booking. Balance must be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival.
- Dependent on the tariff seasons minimum night stays do apply. Other booking date restrictions may apply as advised by “Pacific Coast Property Network”.
1.2 Credit Card Payments
- A payment processing fee applies to credit card payments (subject to change in accordance with financial institutions and relevant laws). Payment processing fees are non refundable.
- The current rate is –
Mastercard/Visa – 2.0% (including GST)
1.3 Credit Card Tokenisation Terms
Paying online with a Credit Card Credit card is the most secure way to book with Pacific Coast Property Network. From the moment your payment information is entered, Pacific Coast Property Network protects your credit card details and associated personal information using encryption and advanced patented tokenisation via our Gateway. Credit Card tokenisation allows guest card information to be stored as per Pacific Coast Property Network’s Terms and Conditions.
Please note Pacific Coast Property Network reserves the right to charge the nominated credit card in matters involving the Security Bond for incidents which result in certain losses or expenses, including but not limited to:
- Excess Cleaning (at cost)
- Removal of excess garbage, boxes, bottles etc. (at cost)
- Damages/ breakages to the property (at cost)
- Telephone/Internet Charges (at cost)
- Late Departure/Key Return beyond approved arrival and departure times (tariffs apply)
- Unauthorised pets at the property
- Replacement of lost keys, remote controls (at cost)
- Cleaning fee for unclean BBQs $50.00
- After hours key lock out or security after hours call out $140.00
- Strict No Party Policy
- Any other incidental charges that may be incurred as per our Terms and Conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
Bookings placed via Pacific Coast Property Network may be subject to change or cancellation if found to be in breach of the terms and conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
1.4 Guest Registration
Guests are required to complete the On Line Check In & Guest Registration prior to arrival providing photographic ID and Credit Card in the same name as provided for the booking. This online check in process in fully secure and compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliance – SAQ-D
- Strict PCI DSS compliance is necessary for any business accepting credit card payments. We provide continuous monitoring of PCI DSS compliant infrastructure, processes and scope, all of which are updated at least every two years.
- Sensitive information is stored separately into a secure PCI Compliant File Store.
- Our data retention policy is to remove all sensitive data 14 calendar days after checkout from your stay. Cancelled bookings are removed on the day of cancellation.
- The Check In Portal and API are ranked A on SSLLabs.com using 256bit TLS1.2
- Depending on the “Property” booked, a security bond from $250.00 – $2000.00 will be processed on your day of arrival/check-in. The bond may be processed or processed as a pre-authorisation on the “Guest’s” previously nominated credit card (we do not accept bank transfers or cash for bond payments unless by special arrangement).
- Pre-authorisation funds will be frozen by the “Guest’s” issuing bank for a period of 7-10 working days and will be automatically released as long as there are no issues during the stay.
- Once pre-authorisations are released, the funds will become available on the “Guest’s” card again, and there will not be a transaction on the credit card statement.
- For bonds that are processed, the funds will be released to your account/credit card after your departure from the property as long as there are no issues during the stay.
- The total bond amount for your booking will be advised by Pacific Coast Property Network.
1.6 Guest Service Fee
- A $55 non-refundable guest services fee is applied to all bookings.
1.7 Links to Third Party Sites
- Pacific Coast Property Network’s site may contain links and pointers to other internet sites, resources, and sponsors of the Site. Links to and from the Site or bookings made via other third-party sites, maintained by third parties, do not constitute an endorsement by Pacific Coast Property Network of any third parties, the third-party sites or the contents thereof. We may also provide tools to allow interaction between the Site and a third party site, such as a social media site. We are not responsible in any way for such third-party sites or resources.
Pets are only permitted at pet-friendly properties and only if pre-arranged with and approved by “Pacific Coast Property Network”.
Pet-friendly terms and conditions must be agreed to, and any damages caused will be deducted from the bond.
This permission is provided on a case by case basis and is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
All pets are to remain outside, however small and toy breeds may be allowed inside following specific approval. “Guests” must ensure their dog:
- Is groomed to avoid moulting and is cleaned before entering the house to avoid marks to the “Property.”
- Has had up to date worming, flea treatments, vaccinations.
- Has had nails trimmed to avoid scratches to the floors and furnishings.
- Does not jump up on beds, furniture or rugs (indoors or outdoors)
- Is not left unattended as excessive barking may result in complaints from neighbours. If noise complaints are received, and the pet cannot be quieted, “Guests” will be required to remove the dog from the “Property” at their own expense.
Additional cleaning charges may apply if pet hair, urine, fleas or any evidence (including smell) of the pet be left behind when “Guests” leave. It is advised for pets to wear tick/flea collars to avoid bringing or picking up ticks/fleas to/from the area.
“Pacific Coast Property Network” accepts no responsibility for death of, loss of, injury or sickness to pets during the accommodation period – full and sole responsibility for the pet and its actions lie with the pet “Owner” and upon acceptance of terms and conditions the “Guest” agree that no legal action (including payment of veterinary accounts) will be taken against the landlord and that no discussion will be entered into.
Please be aware that some properties have not been designed to be pet-friendly.
1.9 Inappropriate Bookings and Schoolies
- As a duty of care to properties and “Owners”, “Pacific Coast Property Network” reserves the right to refuse any bookings that are determined to be inappropriate or that fall across Schoolies dates and are a conflict in regard to the National Holiday and Short Term Rental Code of Conduct
2. CANCELLATIONS AND DATE CHANGES
“Pacific Coast Property Networks” advise the following in regard to booking cancellations and date changes.
2.1 Booking cancelled at least 60 days prior to “Guest” arrival date, accommodation fees refundable less an administration fee of $55.00. All payment processing fees are non refundable.
2.2 Transferring of dates for the same “Property” is also an option, and the tariff may vary depending on seasonal dates. All Transfers do attract a $55.00 transfer fee.
2.3 Booking cancelled 60 or less days from “Guest” arrival date is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2.4 Changes Made by Pacific Coast Property Network
- All bookings are made in good faith of ongoing holiday letting by “Owner” however maybe subject to change and “Pacific Coast Property Network” cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the “Owner” of the “Property” which are outside its control.
- Reasonable actions will be made by “Pacific Coast Property Networks” to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
- In the event that the “Property” booked is listed for sale, the “Guest” agrees to allow the “Owner” or agent to inspect the “Property” with the prospective purchasers, by appointment and during reasonable hours.
- “Property” tariffs may change online at any time without notice.
3.1 Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in is available from 2 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out is 10 am on the day of departure.
3.2 Early Check-In/Late Check-Out
- “Pacific Coast Property Network” will try to accommodate requests for early check-in/late check-out however they are subject to availability (E.G. other bookings in place, cleaners available to accommodate the request, maintenance schedule) and fees may apply.
- Despite any early applications, approval will only be granted 1-2 days prior to entry/departure if available. Early requests do not guarantee early access/late checkout unless a full day’s rate is paid.
- “Guests” will be notified by “Pacific Coast Property Network” the day before arrival if an early check in is available. “Guests” are required to contact ‘Pacific Coast Property Network” 1-2 working days prior to the date of departure to request a late check out if available.
- Keys will be available at the “Property” upon arrival unless “Pacific Coast Property Network” advise otherwise, in which case keys will be available from Pacific Coast Property Network office located 65 Wharf Street Forster.
- The “Guest” will be provided with details of the key location and/or access codes via email after final payment has been made (and a Guest Registration has been completed).
- “Guests” are requested to take the access information with them to access the “Property”.
- Linen and bath towels may be provided as an optional extra if requested at time of booking and charges do apply. Prices will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Beach towels are not provided.
4. DURING YOUR STAY
4.1 “Property” Presentation
- The description of the premises is given in good faith. From time to time, changes occur at properties, sometimes by “Owner” and outside of Pacific Coast Property Network control or knowledge, therefore, no responsibility for irregularities will be accepted.
- “Guests” are requested if upon arrival to the “Property” there are any items related to cleanliness, damage or appliance operation to report such items to “Pacific Coast Property Network” promptly and allow “Pacific Coast Property Network”, or its agents, contractors or employees access to the premises for the purposes of inspection and if necessary cleaning or repairing of damage.
- Regarding repairs and appliances in some instances immediate repairs may be beyond our control, and no responsibility is accepted by the agent for these circumstances. No recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services, equipment or other contents provided at the premises.
- Many of the holiday accommodation properties are located in suburban locations where, from time to time, there may be building/construction on houses within the nearby vicinity of the “Property” booked. Pacific Coast Property Network takes no responsibility for any issues relating to noise on neighbouring properties.
4.2 Movement of Items Within/Between Properties
- “Pacific Coast Property Network” has a strict policy on moving items or furniture (indoor or outdoor) within a “Property”, or in the case of bookings across multiple properties, from “Property” to “Property”. Movements may cause unnecessary damage to items and the “Property” itself, and can cause excess cleaning time due to complex housekeeping inventory checks.
- If you have a large booking where extra items are required (and a function is approved) Pacific Palms Holiday can supply you with hire company contact information. Any damages/excess cleaning caused by movement of items or furniture will be deducted from the bond.
- Some properties provide wireless internet for “Guests” for email, perusing social media, and web browsing. It is not provided for video streaming or downloading, e.g. movies/shows.
- Usage is not unlimited and is monitored by Pacific Coast Property Network “Property” “Owner”.
- Excess usage may be charged and deducted from the bond.
- If “Guests” require excess usage, please contact Pacific Palms Holiday to arrange the purchase of a data pack.
- If the “Property” has a broadband internet connection (wired or wireless) the operation of any internet connection during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. This also applies to TV/Austar/Foxtel type services as reception in parts of Pacific Palms can be unreliable in times of high wind or storm. Depending on the location of the “Property” there may be a weak signal strength.
- The “Guest” will not hold “Pacific Palms Holidays” or the “Owner” liable for any disruption to these services.
4.4 No Smoking
- For the comfort of all our “Guests”, our properties are non-smoking.
- Any damages caused by smoking on or inside the premises will be deducted from the “Guest” bond.
4.5 Lost Keys / Keys Locked Inside
- If “Guests” lose keys or lock keys inside the “Property” and require access, a security call fee will apply.
- If replacement keys need to be cut, key barrels need to be replaced, or in secure complexes, re-keying is required costs will be calculated based accordingly and charged to the “Guest”.
- If there is a key-safe at the “Property”, please use it to secure one set of keys at all times when you leave the “Property”, including when you check out.
- If a tradesman needs to attend to any requested or agreed on maintenance during your stay, this will ensure they can access the “Property”.
4.6 Rubbish Collection and Excess Rubbish
- “Pacific Coast Property Network” request “Guests” put all rubbish in the appropriate bins provided outside no later than the night before collection.
- Please ensure the rubbish is put out at a reasonable hour so as not to cause noise and disrupt the neighbourhood (e.g. with recycling bottles).
- The bin lids must be able to close for the collection.
- Some properties have a service where the outdoor bins are put out for “Guests”. Where the service is not available or offered by the “Property”, the “Guests” must put the bins out for collection themselves.
- If the bins are not put out or if there is excess rubbish upon check out, a private contractor will be organised to empty the bins and charges will be deducted from the bond.
4.7 Recycling Bin
- There is a three bin collection service in the MidCoast region for organic waste, recycling, and general (landfill) waste. Information is provided at each “Property” to assist “Guests” in sorting rubbish appropriately.
- Bins are checked before each arrival and after each departure. Contaminated bins will not be collected, and a private contractor will be organised to remove the bin contents and charges will be deducted from the bond.
- Each “Property” listing available on the relevant “Pacific Coast Property Network” website outlines the number of off-street parks available and the number of cars permitted at the “Property”.
- On-street parking is not provided or guaranteed for “Guests” or visitors. “Pacific Coast Property Network” cannot be held responsible or liable for any fines or penalties incurred by “Guests” or visitors from parking on the street (where local parking restrictions apply).
- Parking campervans, caravans and trailers (with or without boats) on a residential street at a holiday home is not permitted under any circumstances. ”Guests” will be required to remove any campervans, caravans or trailers. If a “Guest” fails to comply, the item may be towed away at the “Guest’s” expense and charges will be deducted from the bond. The violation of terms and conditions may also result in “Guest” eviction and loss of rent and bond.
4.9 Number of Persons, Noise, Parties and Functions
- Properties are for “Guests” only. No extra “Guests” are permitted on the premises without pre-arrangement from “Pacific Coast Property Network” Management.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number of persons shown on your confirmation. Any increase in numbers must be approved if permitted in advance and may incur additional fees.
- Excessive noise, parties and functions are not permitted as they can disrupt neighbours as well as nearby residents and other holiday makers. If an unauthorised function is held at the “Property” the bond processed for the booking will be retained and additional fees to cover the standard function fee, min. $560.00 may apply.
- There are a select number of properties where functions may be permitted. However express permission from “Pacific Coast Property Network” must be granted prior to any such booking, strict conditions and additional function fees apply (min.$560)
4.11 Noisy Neighbour Hotline
- “Pacific Coast Property Network” operate a noisy neighbour hotline and our contracted security company will respond to noise complaints from neighbours, residents, and other holiday makers in relation to our managed properties.
- If a complaint of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour is received, security will be dispatched to investigate and may result in a minimum $140.00 call-out charge.
- A report will be received by “Pacific Coast Property Network” with information as to whether a fee has been charged. This fee will be taken from the “Guest’s” security deposit and is non-negotiable.
- If a second security call-out with a fee payable is received at any time during a “Guest’s” stay, all “Guests” at the premises will be evicted from the premises by security without refund of rent or bond.
EXCESS CLEANING, DAMAGES AND CHARGES
- If a Bond deduction occurs, “Pacific Coast Property Network” will advise the “Guest” of details of any charges and these will appear on the “Guest’s” statement.
- Considerable administration is required, and a bond administration fee may apply
- Standard Admin Fee: $40.00 per booking.
- Where Bond deduction in excess of $200 in damages occurs, there is an $80.00 admin fee per booking.
5.2 Excess Cleaning
Pacific Coast Property Network requests “Guests” to leave the “Property” as it was found to avoid extra cleaning charges.
- washing dishes
- placement of rubbish in the bins provided
- cleaning of the BBQ
If linen has been hired please strip beds, bag the linen and leave by the front door.
Floors are cleaned by our Housekeepers as part of their normal housecleaning duties however excessively dirty walls/floors and linen (if applicable) will be charged.
In the event of breakages, damages and lost items, Pacific Coast Property Network requests that “Guests” contact “Pacific Coast Property Network” to report the incident as soon as possible. Damages may be deducted from bond (or credit card supplied if the charges are higher than the bond processed).
5.4 Bad Book register
Pacific Coast Property Network participates in the Bad Book register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any “Guests”, breach our Terms and Conditions, your name, phone number and email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the “Property” “Owner” and/or other Agents participating in the Bad Book register. “Pacific Coast Property Network” reserves the right to refuse or cancel a booking where a “Guest” may be registered on Bad Books.
5.5 Personal and Lost Property
- No responsibility will be taken by “Pacific Coast Property Network” for “Guest’s” personal “Property”.
- If items are left at a “Property”, “Pacific Coast Property Network” will contact the housekeepers/cleaners to determine whether the items were located.
- If located, items will be returned via Australia Post COD (charges apply).
- Return costs and tracking of items are the “Guest’s” responsibility.
“Guests” ’ actions, conduct and safety are the responsibility of the “Guests”.
The agent and “Owner” of this “Property” do not condone: unsafe, irresponsible or illegal actions/behaviour etc. on or off the premises, during a stay or at any other time.
A condition of entering and/or staying at this “Property” means that all “Guests” understand and agree to indemnify the agent and “Owner” against any responsibility or action(s) (legal or other), due to any action(s), incident(s), loss or injury(s) while within or outside of the premises (including, but not limited to, the grounds, facilities, structures, etc.) during a stay or at any other time.
Bookings placed via Pacific Coast Property Network may be subject to change or cancellation if found to be in breach of the terms and conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.