TERMS & CONDITIONS
Pacific Coast Holidays
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last updated 07th July 2021.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. When you make a booking with Pacific Coast Holidays, these Terms and Conditions are deemed to be accepted by ALL GUESTS. Guest registration is required for all bookings. The registration process requests copies of a driver’s license and credit card. These are then held by the system securely for 31 days. All adults staying at a property may be required to register. You will also be asked to digitally confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Your booking is with Pacific Coast Holidays, acting on behalf of the property owner. Guests are granted a licence to occupy the property for the booking dates. This is not a residential tenancy agreement under residential tenancy legislation.
Failure to comply with any of the Guest’s fundamental obligations and these Terms and Conditions may result in immediate termination of the licence to occupy the property, eviction and registration with “bad guest” registers. Refunds will not be paid on terminated occupancies.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “last updated” date in these Terms and Conditions and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
Please call us on (02) 6554 7473 for clarification of any terms or further information.
POINTS OF NOTE:
Check in 3pm. Check out 10am. During December, January and other peak times check in 4pm and check out 10am. Charges apply for unauthorised late check outs.
The property must not be used by more than the number of persons shown on the booking confirmation either to visit or stay without written approval.
Excessive noise, parties or functions are NOT permitted. Guests must not engage in anti-social behaviour or create offensive noise at any time of the day. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am. We do not accept bookings for bucks nights, hens nights or similar. Penalties apply for noise complaints or anti-social behaviour requiring attendance by our Security Patrol.
All properties are strictly NON-SMOKING.
Our properties are NOT Pet Friendly, unless stated otherwise.
On departure, premises MUST be left in a clean and tidy condition – Excess cleaning charges apply. A cleaning fee will be charged for unclean BBQ’s and tipping fees for excess rubbish.
Cancellations within 60 days of the stay are NON-REFUNDABLE.
For any issues before, during or after your stay please contact us immediately on 02 6554 7473.
1. MAKING A BOOKING
- Guest Registration
Guest Registration is required for all bookings. The registration process requests copies of a driver’s license and credit card. These are then held by the system securely for 31 days. All adults staying at a property are required to register. At guest registration, you will be asked to digitally confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
We recommend domestic Travel Insurance to cover extra-ordinary events or risks.
Payment for your booking (including guest service fee, optional linen and credit card fees) are required at time of booking. Bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full. Arrivals less than 60 in advance are required to be paid in full.
- Credit Card Payments
A Non-Refundable payment processing fee applies to credit card payments (subject to change in accordance with financial institutions and relevant laws). The current rate is – Mastercard/Visa – 2.00% (including GST)
- Credit Card Tokenisation Terms
Pacific Coast Holidays Property Network protects your credit card details and associated personal information using encryption and tokenisation via our Payment Gateway.
Pacific Coast Holidays reserves the right to charge the nominated credit card in matters involving the Security Bond for incidents which result in certain losses or expenses, including but not limited to:
- Excess Cleaning (at cost)
- Removal of excess garbage, boxes, bottles etc. (at cost)
- Damages/ breakages to the property (at cost)
- Late Departure/Key Return beyond approved arrival and departure times (tariffs apply)
- Unauthorised pets at the property
- Replacement of lost keys, remote controls (at cost)
- $50 Cleaning fee for unclean BBQs
- $500 per offence for credible noise complaint by neighbours and/or security / police called to the property
- Strict No Party Policy $1000 per offence if there is, or evidence of, a party or function at the property
- Any other incidental charges that may be incurred as per our Terms and Conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
Bookings placed via Pacific Coast Holidays may be subject to change or cancellation if found to be in breach of the terms and conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
- Bond / Security Deposit
A bond / security deposit is property dependant (between $250.00 – $2000.00). Your bond will be processed on your day of arrival/check-in as a pre-authorisation on the Guest’s previously nominated credit card (we do not accept bank transfers or cash for bond payments unless by special arrangement).
Pre-authorisation is a temporary transaction where a set amount of funds from your credit card or debit card is put on hold (frozen) as per the terms and conditions of the issuing bank, and will be automatically released as long as there are no issues during the stay.
The total bond amount for your booking will be advised by Pacific Coast Holidays.
- Inappropriate Bookings, Parties, Events and Schoolies
All parties, get togethers and events are prohibited. As a duty of care to our properties and Owners, Pacific Coast Holidays reserves the right to refuse any bookings that are determined to be inappropriate or that fall across Schoolies dates. Our properties are NOT “party houses” and as such we do not accept bookings for bucks nights, hens nights or similar.
Pets are only permitted at pet-friendly properties and only if pre-arranged with and approved by Pacific Coast Holidays.
Pet-friendly terms and conditions must be agreed to, and any damages caused will be deducted from the bond. This permission is provided on a case by case basis and is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
All pets are to remain outside, however small and toy breeds may be allowed inside following specific approval. Guests must ensure their dog:
- Is groomed to avoid moulting and is clean before entering the house.
- Has had up to date worming, flea treatments, vaccinations.
- Has had nails trimmed to avoid scratches to the floors and furnishings.
- Does not jump up on beds, furniture or rugs (indoors or outdoors)
- Is not left unattended as excessive barking may result in complaints from neighbours. If noise complaints are received, and the pet cannot be quieted, Guests will be required to remove the dog from the Property at their own expense.
Additional cleaning charges may apply if pet hair, urine, fleas or any evidence (including smell) of the pet be left behind when Guests leave. It is advised for pets to wear tick/flea collars to avoid bringing or picking up ticks/fleas to/from the area.
Pacific Coast Holidays accepts no responsibility for death of, loss of, injury or sickness to pets during the accommodation period – full and sole responsibility for the pet and its actions lie with the pet Owner and upon acceptance of terms and conditions the Guest agrees that no legal action (including payment of veterinary accounts) will be taken against the landlord and that no discussion will be entered into. Our properties are NOT Pet Friendly, unless stated otherwise.
2. CANCELLATIONS AND DATE CHANGES
Pacific Coast Holidays advise the following in regard to booking cancellations and date changes:
- Bookings cancelled at least 60 days prior to arrival date are refundable less –
- Cancellation fee of $175.00.
- Transferring of dates for the same Property is also an option, and the tariff may vary depending on seasonal dates. Transfers may attract a $70.00 transfer fee.
Bookings cancelled less than 60 days from arrival date are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. Changes Made by Pacific Coast Holidays
- All bookings are made in good faith of ongoing holiday letting by the Owner however maybe subject to change and Pacific Coast Holidays cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the Owner of the Property which are outside its control.
- Reasonable actions will be made by Pacific Coast Holidays to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
- In the event that the Property booked is listed for sale, the Guest agrees to allow the Owner or agent to inspect the Property with the prospective purchasers, by appointment and during reasonable hours.
- Property tariffs may change online at any time without notice.
1. Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in is available from 3 pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out is 10 am on the day of departure.
During December and January and other peak times (includes all school holidays/ long weekends):
- Check in is 4 pm
- Check out is 10 am unless otherwise stated on the property.
Early Check-In/Late Check-Out – Not available during peak times.
These times may be adjusted. There will be no refund or credit should these times be adjusted after you have booked the property. Further, we cannot guarantee that a property will be ready at the said check in time. We will endeavour to have the property ready; however, circumstances may sometimes cause delays. There will be no refund or credit if a property is not ready for the agreed time.
- Keys will be available at the Property upon arrival unless Pacific Coast Holidays advise otherwise, in which case keys will be available from Pacific Coast Property Network office 18 Wallis Street Forster NSW 2428.
- The Guest will be provided with details of the key location and/or access codes after final payment has been made and the Online Check in is complete.
- Linen packs can be hired as an optional extra. Prices will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Beach towels are not provided.
4. DURING YOUR STAY
- Property Presentation
- All properties under our management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis.
- The description of the premises is given in good faith. From time to time, changes occur at properties, sometimes by the Owner and outside of Pacific Coast Holiday control or knowledge, therefore, no responsibility for irregularities will be accepted.
- Guests are requested if upon arrival to the Property there are any items related to cleanliness, damage or appliance operation to report such items to Pacific Coast Holidays promptly and allow Pacific Coast Holidays, or its agents, contractors or employees access to the premises for the purposes of inspection and if necessary cleaning or repairing of damage.
- If you encounter an issue before, during or after your stay, contact us immediately so we can attempt to rectify the issue. We will not consider compensation unless we have been afforded the opportunity to solve the problem. Failure to do so will void any claim for compensation.
- Regarding repairs and appliances in some instances immediate repairs may be beyond our control, and NO responsibility is accepted by the agent for these circumstances. No recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services, equipment or other contents provided at the premises.
- Many of the holiday accommodation properties are situated in suburban locations where, from time to time, there may be building/construction on houses within the nearby vicinity of the Property booked. Pacific Coast Holiday takes no responsibility for any issues relating to noise on neighbouring properties. Pacific Coast Holidays and/or the Owner do not accept liability nor will any compensation be offered for these circumstances.
- Pacific Coast Holidays has a strict policy on moving items or furniture (indoor or outdoor) within a Property, or in the case of bookings across multiple properties, from Property to Property. Movements may cause unnecessary damage to items and to the Property itself and can cause excess cleaning time due to complex housekeeping inventory checks.
- Any damages/excess cleaning caused by movement of items or furniture will be deducted from the bond.
- Number of Persons, Noise, Parties and Functions
- Properties are for Guests only. No extra Guests are permitted on the premises. The number of occupants must not exceed the number of persons shown on your confirmation. Any increase in numbers must be approved if permitted in advance and may incur additional fees.
- Excessive noise, parties and functions are not permitted as they can disrupt neighbours as well as nearby residents and other holiday makers. If there is evidence of an unauthorised function at the Property the bond processed for the booking will be retained and additional fees to cover the standard function fee, min. $1000.00 may apply.
- Pacific Coast Holidays operate a noisy neighbour hotline and our contracted security company will respond to noise complaints from neighbours, residents, and other holiday makers in relation to our managed properties.
- Noise disruption for these purposes includes loud behaviour or any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others; intrusive or abusive language; loud music or any other sounds affecting other residents that is audible outside the boundaries of the property.
- Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am.
- If a complaint of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour is received, security will be dispatched to investigate and may result in a call-out charge.
- This fee will be taken from the Guest’s security deposit (or credit card supplied if the charges are higher than the bond processed) and is non-negotiable.
- If a second security call-out is received at any time during a Guest’s stay, all Guests at the premises will be evicted from the premises by security without refund of rent or bond.
- $500 per offence for credible noise complaint by neighbours and/or security / police called to the property
- Strict NO PARTY POLICY $1000 per offence if there is, or evidence of, a party or function at the property.
- If the Property has an internet connection (wired or wireless) the connectivity during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. This also applies to TV/Austar/Foxtel type services. Reception in parts of Forster-Tuncurry can be unreliable. Depending on the location of the Property there may be a weak signal strength.
- The Guest will not hold Pacific Coast Holidays or the Owner liable for any disruption to these services.
- No Smoking
- For the comfort of all our Guests, our properties are non-smoking.
- Any damages caused by smoking on or inside the premises will be deducted from the Guest bond.
- Lost Keys / Keys Locked Inside
- If Guests lose keys or lock keys inside the Property and require access, a security call fee will apply.
- If replacement keys need to be cut, key barrels need to be replaced, or in secure complexes, re-keying is required costs will be calculated based accordingly and charged to the Guest.
- If there is a key-safe at the Property, please use it to secure one set of keys at all times when you leave the Property, including when you check out.
- If a tradesman needs to attend to any requested or agreed on maintenance during your stay, this will ensure they can access the Property.
- Rubbish Collection and Excess Rubbish
- Pacific Coast Holidays request Guests put all rubbish in the appropriate bins provided outside no later than the night before collection.
- The bin lids must be able to close for the collection.
- If the bins are not put out or if there is excess rubbish upon check out, a private contractor will be organised to empty the bins and charges will be deducted from the bond.
- Recycling Bin
- There is a three-bin collection service in the Mid Coast region for organic waste, recycling, and general (landfill) waste.
- Bins are checked before each arrival and after each departure. Contaminated bins will not be collected, and a private contractor will be organised to remove the bin contents and charges will be deducted from the bond.
- On-street parking is not provided or guaranteed for Guests or visitors. Pacific Coast Holidays cannot be held responsible or liable for any fines or penalties incurred by Guests or visitors from parking on the street (where local parking restrictions apply).
- Parking campervans, caravans and trailers (with or without boats) on a residential street at a holiday home is not permitted under any circumstances. Guests will be required to remove any campervans, caravans or trailers. If a Guest fails to comply, the item may be towed away at the Guest’s expense and charges will be deducted from the bond. The violation of terms and conditions may also result in Guest eviction and loss of rent and bond.
- Wildlife is common in regional and coastal areas. Pacific Coast Holidays and/or the Owner do not accept liability nor will any compensation be offered for the unfortunate or seasonal visits of any wildlife including, but not limited to, rodents, insects, cockroaches, kangaroos, birds, snakes etc.
EXCESS CLEANING, DAMAGES AND CHARGES
- Bond / Security Deposit
- The Guest becomes financially responsible for all damage and loss to the property and its contents from the date and time the Guest checks in, to the date and time checked out. To avoid erroneous blame, you are required to immediately notify our Pacific Coast Holidays if anything is amiss when you arrive at the property.
- If a Bond deduction occurs, Pacific Coast Holiday will advise the Guest of the details of any charges.
- Considerable administration is required, and a bond administration fee may apply
- Standard Admin Fee: $35.00 per booking.
- Where Bond deduction in excess of $200 in damages occurs, there is a $70.00 admin fee per booking.
- Excess Cleaning
Pacific Coast Holiday requests Guests to leave the Property as it was found to avoid extra cleaning charges. Properties must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- washing dishes
- placement of rubbish in the bins provided
- cleaning of the BBQ
In the event of breakages, damages and lost items, Pacific Coast Holiday requests that Guests contact Pacific Coast Holidays to report the incident as soon as possible. Damages may be deducted from bond (or credit card supplied if the charges are higher than the bond processed).
- Bad Books Register
By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, breach our Terms and Conditions, your name, phone number and email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be registered with any “bad guest” register. Traveller feedback may also be entered onto the applicable online portals. Pacific Coast Holidays reserves the right to refuse or cancel a booking where a Guest is registered on these sites or has received negative feedback from other booking sites or travel agents.
- Personal and Lost Property
- No responsibility will be taken by Pacific Coast Holidays for Guest’s personal property.
- If personal property is left behind, it is the Guest’s responsibility to arrange its return by providing Pacific Coast Holidays with a suitable prepaid satchel for its return via Australia Post.
- Return costs and tracking of items are the Guest’s responsibility.
- Lost property not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of.
Guests’ actions, conduct and safety are the responsibility of the Guests.
The agent and Owner of this Property do not condone: unsafe, irresponsible or illegal actions/behaviour etc. on or off the premises, during a stay or at any other time.
A condition of entering and/or staying at this Property means that all Guests understand and agree to indemnify the agent and Owner against any responsibility or action(s) (legal or other), due to any action(s), incident(s), loss or injury(s) while within or outside of the premises (including, but not limited to, the grounds, facilities, structures, etc.) during a stay or at any other time.